MYRTLE CREEK, Ore., May 15, 2023 (Newswire.com) - SolRiver Capital, a leading renewable energy investment firm, is excited to unveil plans for the Canyonville Solar Project, a groundbreaking 4 MW solar initiative that merges sustainable energy generation with agricultural practices. Designed as an agrisolar project, Canyonville represents a significant leap forward in harnessing the power of the sun while supporting local agriculture, fostering community engagement, and promoting energy independence.
Agrisolar, the revolutionary marriage of solar energy and agriculture, lies at the heart of the Canyonville Solar Project. By cleverly combining solar power generation with agricultural land use, this pioneering approach maximizes land productivity and resource efficiency, creating a pathway to energy independence for the community. Canyonville will integrate several agrisolar features, seamlessly blending solar energy and sustainable farming practices, to unlock a future where energy self-sufficiency and environmental stewardship go hand in hand.
1. Dual Use - Solar & Ag. The solar panels will be positioned to enable certain crops to thrive, optimizing land utilization and promoting food production alongside renewable energy generation. By utilizing the same land for both purposes, Canyonville exemplifies our commitment to self-reliance and sustainability.
2. Goats for Mowing. Local goats, and other grazing animals, will be allowed to eat overgrown grass. This helps reduces the need for mechanical mowers, while giving a good meal to the animals.
3. Bee Hives. Everyone knows bees are in decline and need our help. Beekeepers will maintain bee hive boxes on the property. This creates a safe space for a colony to grow. The colony will provide benefits to farmers throughout the county.
4. Critter-Friendly Fences. Special fences are used to allow small animals to run freely through the site. Rather than the standard barbed wire fence, an inverted deer fence is used. The fence has larger spaces near the bottom that turtles, bunnies, and similar-size animals can pass through. Yet, it is strong enough at the top to keep cattle from wandering in.
5. Biodiversity Enhancement. Native plants and pollinator-friendly vegetation will be thoughtfully integrated, fostering ecological balance and supporting the flourishing of local wildlife. By cultivating diverse ecosystems, we cultivate our own ability to generate clean energy and nourish our surroundings.
6. Community Solar Empowerment. In addition to its agrisolar features, the Canyonville Solar Project is also an exceptional community solar endeavor. This community-centric approach empowers individuals to participate directly in our journey towards energy independence, allowing them to embrace solar energy's advantages, reduce their reliance on traditional power sources, and forge a path to a more self-reliant future.
SolRiver Capital warmly invites all Oregon residents to participate in the community solar revolution by subscribing to the Canyonville Solar Project. By choosing to purchase energy from this pioneering initiative, individuals will become active participants in the clean energy transition, supporting local agriculture, driving sustainable development, and taking a significant step towards energy independence for our community.
About SolRiver Capital
SolRiver Capital is a clean energy investment fund dedicated to financing the acquisition, development, and construction of distributed generation and utility-scale projects. Focusing on solar and storage, SolRiver owns and operates over 200 MW of projects across the U.S. from Oregon to New York. Founded in 2016, SolRiver's team combines top-tier developers, financial professionals, and operational experts with over 15 years' experience each. SolRiver utilizes a streamlined approach to underwriting and transactions, allowing it to close and fund projects quickly. For more information on SolRiver Capital, visit www.solrivercapital.com.Contact Information:
Original Source: SolRiver Launches ArgiSolar Project for Myrtle Creek Community
The post SolRiver Launches ArgiSolar Project for Myrtle Creek Community first appeared on TREND MAG.
Real Estate - TREND MAG originally published at Real Estate - TREND MAG